Royal and imperial residence of sovereigns since the origin of the monarchy, Compiègne is a touristic and summer resort. If you are interested in historical sites, don’t hesitate to visit Compiègne castle and museums, or go to Pierrefonds to visit its medieval castle. You can also visit the Armistice Clearings in Rethondes. If you prefer hiking or biking, Compiègne is surrounded by one of the largest forests in France.
Compiègne is conveniently located close to Paris (~70 km away), with easy access by train or by car from the capital. The international Roissy/Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport in the North of Paris is only 40 min away. Many low-cost destinations are available from and to Paris-Beauvais airport (BVA) that is 45 min away.
How to come to Compiègne
• From Paris: take motorway A1 (direction Lille), exit number 9 (Compiègne Sud),
• From Lille: take motorway A1 (direction Paris), exit number 10 (Compiègne Ouest).
• From Paris: from the railway station Gare du Nord, take the train to Compiègne Station (on the train line Paris Saint-Quentin Maubeuge)
• Arrival at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport (the closest airport). Take RER B to Gare du Nord railway station. Then take the train to Compiègne (see the tab By train). You may also use a taxi cab directly from Roissy to Compiègne (see taxi list) or rent a chauffeur driven car.
• Arrival at Orly Airport. Take Orlyval to station Antony and then RER B to reach Gare du Nord railway station. Then take the train to Compiègne (see the tab By train).
Name of two taxi companies from Compiègne, which can organize your travel in and to Compiègne:
Phone: +33 (0)6 07 54 02 27
Phone: +33 (0)6 50 66 51 50